Wednesday 28 December 2011

Christmas Eve festivities in the USA

I'm amazed at myself for getting these done so quickly! We had three full days of Christmas as we do most years.
Christmas eve is spent in the USA with Matt's family, Christmas day is us at home in the morning, then to my parents for the morning/afternoon (opening presents and eating "specials" for brunch), followed by dinner with my dad's side of the family, and finally Boxing day is celebrated with a dinner with my mom's side of the family. And to answer the obvious question lurking, no, my parents are not divorced, they just have large families so we do not combine the two!
So today, I only have photos from Christmas eve to show you at this point.

This is how we found Landon sleeping at the end of a nap. Matt says this is the norm now for Landon sleeping.

Landon with his Auntie Sarah

Landon with Matt's cousin Justin

This is my gingerbread man. Can you guess who it is?

Justin is doing his part!

Sarah is finished her gingerbread man! (or woman!)

Auntie CJ and Christy

This is Matt's gingerbread ...um (not man)

The football game was on and Uncle John said this was one of the players...

Dean pulled out all his artistry skills on this one. It won the prize for the best decorated gingerbread man!

These two were Shawnie's and Justin's as they were married this summer!

Sarah's finished product

Christy's finished product

My handsome husband!

First time with a Santa hat on!

Hey Wally, there's Rice Bavarian out at Grandma's house..."Rice Bavarian?!!"




One of my favourites!

My other favourite!

Opening presents!

Also a favourite!

Top Row: Dean, Christy, Eric, Sarah, Shawnie & Justin
Bottom Row: Robyn, Grandma Jo, Grandpa Lyle, Landon, Matt

Another gift for Landon, what could it be?

Yup, a drum set!

 Which he took NO TIME at all to figure out!



And there ends a beautiful Christmas eve spent with special family. We all had a lovely time.
Now we're just recuperating at home!

1 comment:

  1. Your camera takes amazing pictures! I need to get myself one! Love these!

    ReplyDelete