Thursday 29 December 2011

Boxing Day Family Dinner Pt 1

**Disclaimer: After learning (today) a bunch more about how to use my camera outside the "Auto" setting, I realize that these photos could be WAY better! Also, I received a new lens for Christmas which I used for all except the first few photos. However, until today, I did not know how to choose my focal spot, so there are definitely some issues with focus. Bare with me as I learn to take better photos. I know someday, I'll be able to look back at these photos and (trying not to be totally disgusted) see how far I've come!

So this is at my mom's house and we've discovered that the lighting there is very yellow. Therefore I need to set my white balance, but did not.

A few years ago at the family BBQ in the summer, my parents had just gotten a new appliance of some sort and still had the giant box. They decided to leave it in the family room for Jacob (right) to play in it. It was a HUGE hit as some of my cousins got into it and played with it as well. Ever since then, if my parents can find a box, they'll keep it for family gatherings. I believe this is the 3rd or 4th box now. And obviously it isn't just Jacob anymore, but also his brother Nathan (left) and Elijah who are old enough to play. Next year I'm sure Landon will be into it!

Nathan did this on his own, he's giving the ceramic dog a hug! So cute. I quickly learned how photogenic this kid is!

I was sitting on the couch with my Opa, with Landon in sight one moment, and then out of sight the next. Usually, no big deal in the family room, no where to go really. However, this time I turned around to find him up on the 3rd (out of 4) stair all by himself!! Yikes, okay, time for a baby gate? This photo is of him once he was safely on the top and not making any moves to go back down thankfully.

As you can see, they even made a slide out of the box.

Mind you, Jacob and Nathan were both inside the box when Elijah slid down, thankfully no major injuries.

Elijah fooling around with his daddy, or rather his daddy fooling around with Elijah!

Some of the food!

The table was set so very nicely.

Landon and Daddy playing tug-of-war!

Ready to eat in his booster seat. He's wearing a teething Amber necklace in case you were wondering.

I really like this photo. My cousin Joyce.

Hi Marco! My cousin Erin's husband.

Elijah with his kissy face. He was trying to get his Daddy to kiss him, which he did and I got a photo but it was blurry as they were moving too fast for me!

Jacob is slouching here, he's not that short!

Some more food!

Matt made friends quickly, they were watching the hockey game.


Tyson put Elijah in the box which he loved for a split second. Then he started to get excited and yell "No!" and shook his finger!

Yup, he takes after his Mommy, so many faces!

This might have won the prize for the best gift. Nathan (and Elijah) was enthralled over this guitar!

I love this photo of Opa and Laura.

Uncle Ralph and his grandson Caleb. I have a feeling my mom will like this photo!

I took a wack load of photos that night mostly because kids are easy to photograph and I had to try out my new lens. Therefore, I had to split this into two parts as I simply could not edit all those photos tonight. I believe there are about 18 more and hopefully I'll get them done tomorrow night. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment