Wednesday 9 November 2011

We've been busy!

It has taken a few days to get back on here, but here I am.  And I am excited for Christmas. I love the whole season so much and last year my son was born right in the middle of it. Therefore, we had to miss my husband's family's celebration because we could not cross the border with a baby with no ID. We stayed close to home last year so this year will be our first complete Christmas with our son. 

Now I should tell you, the reason my thoughts are on Christmas is because my mom and I went down to Burlington and to Aunt CJ's Cash and Carry Partylite show to start shopping for Christmas. We got great deals from Aunt CJ and from JC Penney's. So now I cannot wait til Thanksgiving because we have a tradition.  We eat Thanksgiving on Thursday, then Michaels opens from 5-9 for a pre-black friday sale which is awesome, and then we (and by we, I mean Matt's mom Linda, his sister Sarah, and I) go shopping at the Seattle Premium Outlets but we wait til around 2am because it's nuts at midnight and we have no reason to be there when it opens. We don't need the zoo.  So we shop from 2am til around noon on Friday, heading to Smokey Point after the outlet mall, then to Mt Vernon to JC Penney and the Cascade Mall.  Then on friday, we have a nap and rest up. Then on Friday evening and Saturday we do ALL of our Christmas baking and get it all done and over with. So in 3 days we get all our Christmas shopping and baking finished so that we can totally relax and enjoy the entire Christmas season all throughout December. 

I could probably write for hours on my Black Friday shopping experiences over the last few years, but I won't bore you with the details right now, maybe a few days after I actually go this year, you'll get to hear my stories, but for now, I'll leave you with a few older photos. 

The first is me in May when we dedicated Landon to the Lord. This is at the "after party" at my parent's house.


And this one is from September, out at a park near our home.


Hope your week is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment