Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween 2011

Alright so normally I do not like Halloween. And I wouldn't say that this year was an exception, but we did manage to figure out a costume for Landon and that was what made my whole day.

This Halloween (today) marks 5 years since my Oma passed away so I have spent a lot of the day just praying for my Opa to feel at peace, to feel loved and to not wish he was with her quite yet.

On the brighter side though, my friends were taking their little ones to the mall to go trick-or-treating there, which actually motivated me to go as well (even though I missed them b/c Landon woke later than expected). I got all the shopping for the Christmas Shoe box finished though. Now I will just wrap it and take a photo of Landon with it as we're starting a tradition and we'll take a photo of it each year. Our child(ren) will do shoe boxes each year so we have an opportunity to teach them about how blessed we are, and how there are many children around the world who don't get anything for Christmas. Obviously he's a little young at this point, but when he's old enough, we're going to let him pick what age and gender we'll make the box for, and some of the items we put in it, and he'll get to  decorate it. So one day, it won't be as much work for me as it was this time. That is the hope anyway.

Well, here is our little hockey player :)

 PS: I should give credit - this costume was ALL Matt's idea. He put the whole thing together. Yay Daddy :)

3 comments:

  1. So perfect!!!! I am so encouraged by the attitude with which you are embracing this time. He is so blessed by you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is the cutest thing! Love him!

    ReplyDelete